Friday, September 5, 2008

mmmmmmmm......cheese

Yes, I'm still somewhat new, relatively speaking, so my palatte is probably not the most refined (Although, I did quit smoking a year ago, and what a difference!); But, I am curious as hell, and always seeking to increase my experiences.
Now, I'm ashamed to admit, my parmesean knowledge was limited to the pre-shredded Kraft cans. My curiosity as to what the big deal was every time I heard Ray or Batali talk about their "parmeSHANO REGiaNO"(why do they feel they have to have an accent just when talking about the cheese? Giada D. is one of the worst offenders...just thinkin out loud) finally got the best of me, and I picked up a small block of honest to goodness, 24 month aged, Parmigiano-Reggiano. All I can say is WOW. The sharp tang, with the simultaneous smoothness......ahhh...
I don't think I will ever be able to put that preshredded shit in my mouth again! I can see myself bringing my own little chunk to the restaurants lest they try to slip that sawdust on my pasta.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, nothing the Pucker stuff.

DLOG

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, nothing like the 'Pucker' stuff, what ever the food substance we are talking about